Monday, May 22, 2017

Back to Blogging

It's been a few years since I've gotten online and blogged anything in a while. Life got in the way. I got married, full time with wife, kids, job, and me, and it's hard to find time for everything else. Now, however, things have finally slowed down a little. The one-year anniversary is coming June 25, so I've got to find something to do that's creative, but not too expensive.

It's awesome right now. My wife actually gave me an early Father's day gift that the kids were in on. They got me setup to do flying school and then actual flight lessons. School itself isn't too expensive, but I think the lessons might actually be. I'm not sure yet.

Now. The reason for the comeback. Well, it's about time. Computers are about to take me over again, and I'd love for them to. I've got a position as a tester and working toward becoming a developer. For the first time, it looks like it might actually be a possibility that I learn how to be a programmer for computers, which has always been a dream of mine. I want to learn it all. I want to be able to write code for apps, create websites, write software to run Raspberry Pi devices, you name it.

A book my group is reading now, the Software Craftsman, suggests writing a blog to help track your own progress. I really liked that concept. I write in journals now to just get ideas out of my head, and I think writing something down might help others as well.

So, long story short, I'm back. Back to blogging a little more often, I hope. I'm going to keep trying to fill my time with learning and progressing forward, rather than waste time. I hope it works out in that direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment